The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is established at the CIIT Wah in September, 2011 with the objective of significant enhancement of quality in higher learning and international compatibility. The major-functions of the QEC are to:
- Review quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Promote public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degree are enhanced and safeguarded.
- Define lucid and explicit standards as point of reference to reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- Develop qualification framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of qualification.
- Develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standards of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development.
- Develop procedures for approval of new programs, monitoring and evaluation, departmental review, student feedback, employer feedback, quality assurance of various degree programs, subject review and qualification framework